Blogging the "Virtual" Way

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Little Buggers

Like many thousands of other homes in Wiltshire I was recently provided with a Wheelie Bin by the local council and to my utter disbelief and disgust I found there was one of these highly controversial buggers (oops I meant bugs) in the bin.

I immediately removed the bug and sent it back to the Council.

The official reason for the bugs is to 'improve efficiency' and settle disputes between neighbours over wheelie-bin ownership - this can be done at a nominal cost of "branding" each bin with a unique number and holding the information on a database......They have all our other details according the cover of the Daily Mail yesterday. But it is widely believed that the technology is actually intended to enable councils to impose fines on householders who exceed limits on the amount of non-recyclable waste they put out.

What gives them the right to plant an unauthorised monitoring device on my property? Who do they think they are? Big Brother has finally gone utterly stark raving mad and government authorities have crossed over all boundaries!

I'm fully in favour of reclycing our rubbish and separate out all the different reclyclable materials - not that I believe it will much difference during my lifetime, but hopefully it will for that of my son and his children.

When will all this madness end.

1 Comments:

  • Honestly! The nerve of the local authority trying to meet its responsiblity for meeting Government targets and moral obligation to safeguarding the future of the planet!

    Well, if that is the reason there sure made a porcine aural device out of explaining it.

    I am sure that the media savvy Virtual Office Secretary will be contacting her local paper in the morning with this story. A local businesswoman who takes recycling seriously deserves better than to be patronised in this way.

    By Blogger Nigel Morgan, at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home